Saturday, November 22, 2008

elephants{adoptee's} aint got no feelings; they're made of rubber!


So, I'm sitting around, minding my own buisness (still trying to stay warm/alive) - and yes. I'm watching Dumbo. (BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY THING ON, OK?) And...I..started balling. Why on earth does Disney feel the need to do this!? First of all - those clowns are scary. And mean. And secondly? I seriously cannot take that scene where Dumbo's all sad and lonely, so the mouse brings him to visit his mom, who's chained up in a little cart, and she swings him in her arms and sings. Like, I literally melted off the couch.
And - obvs, I'm biased. But I wondered if anyone else ever made that connection to adoption? To how the mom is chained up, kept away from him...and how he's forced to keep performing in the (FREAKING SCARY) circus and go on like nothing was the matter. UGH. And when they have to part again - and he slids off her trunk and kind of just slumps away while she waves from behind her bars. It's so sad. I can't stop crying. Does this mean My fog is...clearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment