Thursday, January 22, 2009

sometimes a great notion

I finally settled on a topic for my portfolio grad show...and - shocker - it's adoption related. The whole purpose, I realized, of my going on such a scientific tangent of ideas..was to get as far away from the subject of adoption as possible. And what could be LESS emotional than Quantam Optics? Not much.

Out of respect to my a-parents, I wanted to steer clear of the whole subject...but it seems to follow me whenever I take a photograph. There's just no escaping it. So, I rolled over and let it happen. And it's amazing. You should come see them at the end of March. I even worked it out with the professors so I don't have to display an artist's statement along with the work, just to avoid a repeat of the events that took place with the first adoption project. More to come on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment